July 2017 | Version 1.0
Intespace (Pty) Ltd (Registration number 2007/021043/07) is committed to protecting its and its group companies (collectively “Intespace”) customers privacy and therefore takes the protection of personal information (POPI) act very seriously. The purpose of this policy is to describe the collection, storage, usage, and protection of Intespace’s information with customers or any of the natural or juristic persons.
This policy applies to:
- a visitor of the Intespace website; or
- a customer who has ordered or requested the goods or services from Intespace.
Personal information includes certain information:
- that Intespace collects automatically when the customer visits the website;
- collected on registration (see below);
- collected on submission by the customer; and
- optional information that the customer provides to Intespace voluntarily (see below);
- information that has been provided anonymously so that it does not identify a specific person;
- permanently de-identified information that does not relate or cannot be traced back to the customer specifically;
- non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by Intespace; and
- information that the customer has provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including any blog, chat room, community, classifieds, or discussion board (because the information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal information subject to protection under this policy).
Common examples of the types of personal information which Intespace may collect and process include:
- identifying information – such as the customers’ name, date of birth, or identification number of any kind;
- contact information – such as the customers’ phone number or email address;
- address information – such as the customers’ physical or postal address; or
- demographic information – such as the customers’ gender or marital status.
Sensitive personal information
Depending on the goods or services that the customer require, Intespace may also collect sensitive personal information including the customers’:
- financial information – such as the customers’ bank account details;
- sensitive demographic information – such as the customers’ race or ethnicity;
- medical information – such as information about the customers’ physical or mental health;
- criminal information – such as information about the customers’ commission or alleged commission of any offence or about any related legal proceedings;
- employment information – including the customers’ membership of a trade union; and
The customer must accept all the terms of this policy when the customer order Intespace’s goods or request Intespace’s services. If the customer does not agree with the current information in this policy, then the customer may not order Intespace’s goods or request Intespace’s services.
The customer may not access Intespace’s website or order Intespace’s goods or request Intespace’s services if the customer is younger than 18 years old or does not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
By accepting this policy, the customer is deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
The customer may only provide Intespace with his/her/its own personal information or the information of another data subject where the customer has such (third party customer) permission to do so.
Intespace may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating Intespaces’ web pages. Intespace will notify the customer of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by sending the customer an email detailing the changes that Intespace has made and indicating the date that this policy was last updated. If the customer does not agree with the changes, then the customer must stop using the website and Intespace’s goods or services. If the customer continues to use the website or Intespace’s goods or services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to the customer and the customer will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
Once the customer:
- register on Intespace’s website,
- subscribing to a newsletter,
- register on Intespace’s blog or forum, or
- submitting the customers’ details via a form,
the customer will no longer be anonymous to Intespace as some information could include personal information as indicated below:
This personal information will include the customers’:
- name and surname;
- email address;
- telephone number;
- company name, company registration number, and VAT number;
- postal address or street address; and
- username and password.
Intespace will use this personal information to update the customers’ account, fulfil the customer order provide additional services/products and information to the customer as Intespace reasonably considers appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
On order or request
When the customer order Intespace’s goods or request its services, the customer will be asked to provide Intespace with additional information on a voluntary basis (goods or services information).
Intespace may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on the customers’ device when the customer visits Intespace’s website. These files do not contain personal information, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing Intespace to associate the customers’ personal information with a certain device. These files serve several useful purposes for the customer, including:
- granting the customer access to restricted content;
- tailoring Intespace’s website’s functionality to the customer personally by enabling Intespace to identify the customers’ preferences;
- improving the performance of Intespace’s website performs;
- allowing third parties to provide services to Intespace’s website; and
- assisting Intespace to deliver targeted advertising where appropriate in compliance with the applicable laws.
Third party cookies
Intespace’s website may contain electronic image requests (called a single-pixel gif or web beacon request) that allow Intespace to count page views and to access cookies. Any electronic image viewed as part of a web page (including an ad banner) can act as a web beacon. Interspace’s’ web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor or share any of the customers’ personal information. It’s merely being used by Intespace to compile anonymous information about Intespace’s website.
The customer may also provide additional information to Intespace on a voluntary basis (optional information). This includes content that the customer decides to upload to or download from Intespace’s website, or when the customer enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of Intespace’s website.
The company may monitor and record any telephone calls that the customer makes to Intespace, unless the customer specifically requests Intespace not to do so.
Purpose for collection
Intespace may use or process any goods or services information, or optional information that the customer provides to Intespace for the purposes that the customer indicates when the customer agrees to provide such. Processing includes gathering the customers’ personal information, recording it, and combining it with other personal information. Intespace generally collect and process the customers’ personal information for various purposes, including:
- goods or services purposes – such as collecting orders or requests for and providing Intespace’s goods or services;
- marketing purposes – such as pursuing lawful related marketing activities;
- business purposes – such as internal audit, accounting, business planning, and joint ventures, disposals of business, or other proposed and actual transactions; and
- legal purposes – such as handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
Intespace may use the customers’ usage information for the purposes described above and to:
- store the customers’ information so that the customer will not have to re-enter it during the customers’ next visit to the website;
- monitor website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed; and
- track the customers’ entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities relating to the customers’ usage of the website.
Consent to collection
The company will obtain the customers’ consent to collect personal information:
- in accordance with applicable law;
- when the customer provides Intespace with any registration information or optional information.
Intespace may use the customers’ personal information to fulfil Intespace’s obligations to the customer.
Messages and updates
Intespace may send administrative messages and email updates to the customer about the website. Intespace may wish to provide the customer with information about new goods or services in which Intespace thinks the customer may be interested. Accordingly, Intespace may also send the customer primarily promotional messages. The customer can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
Intespace may share the customers’ personal information with:
- other divisions or companies within the Intespace group so as to provide joint content and services like registration, for transactions and customer support, to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and violations of Intespace’s policies, and to guide decisions about Intespace’s products, services, and communications (Intespace will only use this information to send the customer marketing communications if the customer have requested their goods or services);
- Intespace’s goods or service providers under contract who help provide certain goods or services or help with parts of Intespace’s business operations, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services (Intespace’s contracts dictate that these goods or service providers only use the customers’ information relating to the goods or services which they supply or services they perform for Intespace, and not for their own benefit);
- credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law;
- banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (if the customer utilise the services to receive payments and the customer meet their criteria); and
- other third parties who provide Intespace with relevant services where appropriate.
Intespace may disclose the customers’ personal information as required by law or governmental audit.
Intespace may disclose personal information if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the public; and
- to prevent violation of Intespace’s customer relationship terms.
Intespace may disclose aggregate statistics (information about the customer population in general terms) about the personal information to advertisers or business partners.
Intespace may need to disclose the customers’ personal information to Intespace’s employees that require such personal information to do their jobs. These employees include Intespace’s responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel.
Change of ownership
Should Intespace undergo a change in its ownership, a merger with, an acquisition by, or the sale of assets to, another entity, Intespace may assign Intespace’s its rights to the personal information that Intespace processes to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. Intespace may disclose the transfer on the website should it deem appropriate.
Intespace is committed to take the security of personal information and always endeavour Intespace’s best to comply with applicable data protection laws. Intespace’ hosting company will host Intespace’s website in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. Intespace authorize access to personal information only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. Intespace implement disaster recover procedures where appropriate.
Accurate and up to date
Intespace will endeavour to keep the customers personal information as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time Intespace may request the customer to update his/her/its personal information on the website. The customer can review or update his/her/its personal information that Intespace holds by accessing the customers’ account online, emailing Intespace, or phoning Intespace. Please note that to better protect the customer and safeguard the customers’ personal information, Intespace take steps to verify the customers’ identity before granting the customer access to his/her/its account or making any corrections his/her/its personal information.
Intespace will only retain the customers’ personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law; or
- the customer has consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, Intespace will continue to abide by Intespace’s non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell the customers’ personal information. Intespace may retain the customers’ personal information in physical or electronic records at Intespace’s discretion.
Transfer to another country
Intespace may transmit or transfer personal information from the country in which it was collected to a foreign country and process it in that country. Personal information may be stored on servers located outside of the country in which it was collected and that in a foreign country’s laws protecting personal information may not be as stringent / specific as the laws of the country in which it was collected. The customers’ consents to Intespace processing his /her/its personal information in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal information may be less stringent.
Updating or removing
Intespace may choose to correct or update his/her/its personal information previously submitted to Intespace, by clicking the relevant menu in any of the pages on Intespace’s website or by contacting Intespace by phone or email.
Intespace are not responsible for, gives no warranties, nor makes any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.